Ian Rogers announced today that he is leaving Yahoo to become CEO of Topspin Media. The company is co-founded by Peter Gotcher who was the co-founder of digidesign and subsequently became a VC (IVP/Redpoint) and is now a private investor. Ian headed up Yahoo’s music and video offerings as far as I can tell. Peter has a pretty good track record and is also an investor in Avnera where I worked. Super smart people so I am betting some cool music offerings (unfettered by DRM) will come out of it. Go, go, go!
- Moved blog – please update your links/subscriptions
- Semiconductors economics
- Content goes from king to the new loss leader
- Started another blog on Tumblr
- Live Mesh – the ultimate P2P platform
- Shocker – Apple buys PA Semi
- Yahoo earnings – status quo, eh?
- New WordPress does not work well with Safari (3.1 on Mac)
- Biking season – tentative plans
- Yahoo is getting out-played