Yahoo has apparently sold its music service to Real. This is obviously unrelated to the MS bid for Yahoo but as a subscriber to Yahoo’s music service it’s sad to see. It does beg the question whether music subscription services are heading for bit bucket. With the advent of DRM-free music being available I would tend to think that the convenience of DRM-free outweighs the subscription service convenience of having the 4 majors’ catalogs available. DRM will always have an associated hassle factor and that’s hard to get away from nor will it be solved any time soon.
- Moved blog – please update your links/subscriptions
- Semiconductors economics
- Content goes from king to the new loss leader
- Started another blog on Tumblr
- Live Mesh – the ultimate P2P platform
- Shocker – Apple buys PA Semi
- Yahoo earnings – status quo, eh?
- New WordPress does not work well with Safari (3.1 on Mac)
- Biking season – tentative plans
- Yahoo is getting out-played